Monday, October 26, 2009

NYC Shopping Highlights

Shopping in NYC is amazing. So many shops too little time. Here are some pictures of my favorites. I was staying in Williamsburg this trip so I had the opportunity to check out what shopping Brooklyn has to offer. Most stores are concentrated on and around Bedford Ave. The Lower East Side is also the best spot for vintage in NYC. One of my go to stores is Daha Vintage at 175 Orchard Street Manhattan, NY 10002, which has an extensive shoe and purse collection. My best find this trip was a little store called Malin Landaeus 155 N. 6th street, which had a unique collection of vintage clothing and accessories. I loved the owner's point of view, as the store is stocked right now with beautifully tailored dresses, jackets, and slacks from the 40's to the early 90s. She had a fabulous selection of hats and shoes. The store carries original, new jewelry. Great find, reasonable prices for upscale, excellent condition, unique vintage pieces. Check out their website here, where there is some video of the store and it's stylish owner Malin.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Me

Related Posts with Thumbnails