Saturday, August 8, 2009

Second Hand Home




Besides clothing, my other addiction is home furnishings. When ever I go shopping for clothing I always find myself gravitating to the home sections. Some of my best vintage purchases have been home items. Such as my prized Carlo painting purchased for $30. I went into a vintage furniture shop on Abbot Kinney and found a piece by the same artist on sale for $1500! And mine is 3x times the size! When I told the owner of my recent purchase, her mouth hit the floor. You never know what you'll find in second hand shops. I've been fortunate enough to fill my apartment with these finds. I always get the most compliments on these inexpensive treasures. They are unique and the quality of those items have stood the test of time. I can't say that for any IKEA furniture I've purchased. Besides the regular spots I hit for a real bargain, LA has an abundance of vintage stores for home furnishings. Echo Park has a couple of my favorite shops. Also Craigslist is an amazing resource for vintage furniture. Finding these items take more time than a trip to IKEA, but the payoff is well worth the wait. Buying one of kind items creates an eclectic style that is uniquely tailored to you. Here is a slide show on Apartment Therapy of a house filled with second hand items. I've posted some highlights here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Me

Related Posts with Thumbnails